Job Seeker FAQs
- What is my advantage to seeking employment through your services?
- Do I get benefits as a temporary employee?
- How long will my profile stay on file with your services?
- How long is the registration process?
- What kind of companies can I expect to be referred to?
- What do I do if a company you referred me to offers me a job directly?
- Can I express interest in alternative positions that weren't otherwise mentioned in the interview process?
- Do I owe you a fee if you find me a job?
- If I temp for a company, when can I go direct? Is there a waiting period?
- Do I need to check in with your company?
- If I see a position open on the website, should I respond to
Q: What is my advantage to seeking employment through your services?
A: Many of our client companies prefer not to advertise or publicly recruit for their needs ensuring their hiring is kept confidential. Additionally, working with our "team based" Staffing Resource Group it allows you the exposure to the areas top employers six times greater than you could receive with your own efforts. It's like having a job search advocacy team of your very own!
Q: Do I get benefits as a temporary employee?
A: Yes, upon reaching and maintaining eligibility requirements for work hours accrued, we provide industry competitive benefits including five paid holidays annually, vacation pay and a Simple IRA retirement plan. Additional advantages that all temporary employees become immediately eligible for include direct deposit, referral rewards, Employee of the Month Award, periodic contests, competitive assignment pay rates and merit increases.
Q: How long will my profile stay on file with your services?
A: Our Staffing Resources Representatives will stay in touch with you. We will periodically call you or email you to get updated information. It is necessary for you to respond to us, as we will maintain a job search indefinitely for you if you desire.
Q: How long is the registration process?
A: We request that you meet with a Staffing Resources Representative. Anticipate a relaxed discussion to review your parameters so that we may get to know you and catalog your career objectives. The approximate amount of time you should plan on is up to one hour.
Q: What kind of companies can I expect to be referred to?
A: McIntosh Staffing Resources works with over 500 companies in the local area. We will review your career objectives and work on a compatible match ensuring your next career move will be rewarding. Should you be interested in specific companies to be exposed to don't hesitate to mention that to us.
Q: What do I do if a company you referred me to offers me a job directly?
A: To ensure that you are compensated fairly and to avoid emotional decision making we are trained to represent you through offer negotiation. It is to your advantage to contact our office before making any decisions.
Q: Can I express interest in alternative positions that weren
A: Absolutely! The common goal is for you to find suitable employment. If you are interested in other opportunities with the hiring company you are interviewing with let your Staffing Resource Representative know and they will communicate your intentions to the hiring authority.
Q: Do I owe you a fee if you find me a job?
A: All services are paid for by the client companies.
Q: If I temp for a company, when can I go direct? Is there a waiting period?
A: Staffing needs vary with each company. It is best to review the policy with your Staffing Resource Representative each time you are referred to a hiring company. McIntosh Staffing Resources does not obligate our client companies to a time commitment before they can hire you directly.
Q: Do I need to check in with your company?
A: It is not necessary to check in with your Staffing Specialist.
Q: If I see a position open on the website, should I respond to it?
A: There is no need to respond to the positions posted on the website. Once you are registered with our services your credentials will automatically be considered for compatibility with these position
Current Job List
- Temporary Customer Service Representative - 05/18/13
- Word Processing Clerk - 05/18/13
- Warehouse Receiver - 05/18/13
- Project Manager - 05/18/13
- Quality Control Inspector - 05/18/13
- Administrative Assistant - 05/18/13
- Network Systems Assistant (Nashua) - 05/18/13
- Manufacturing Positions - 05/18/13
- Maintenance Technician - 05/18/13
- Appointment Assistant - 05/18/13