This company is offering an opportunity to secure your career value. Bring your knowledge of accounting principles to them and apprentice under the Accounting Supervisor to learn a wide variety of accounting principles. Management looks forward to a progressive process of training and growing towards your advancement while contributing to their growth as well. You'll be amongst a culture of diversity and belonging and a celebration success on a regular basis. Beautiful office environment for this leading therapeutic furnishings manufacturer that fosters good health and relaxation.
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Provides management with financial support by helping to maintain accurate general ledgers; preparing journal entries, maintaining A/P and A/R ledgers, account analysis and ad-hoc financial analysis. Assists in the analysis of financial results by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions.
Staff Accountant Job Duties – Generalized:
· Prepares general ledger entries, maintains records and files; reconciles g/l accounts.
· Record cash transactions; bank reconciliations.
· Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
· Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
· Supports Accounts payable process; reviews, prepares, attains approvals, posts to system, processes check runs/ach/wires. Analyzes and reconciles monthly. Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
· Improves financial results by comparing and analyzing actual results in comparison with plans and forecasts. Determines cost of operations by collecting operational data and related transactions.
· Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
· Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
· Assist/coordinate/develop automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
· Provides necessary support to management.
· Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Protects organization by keeping information confidential.